ATTORNEY LAURIE BARBER
Laurie Barber works in the areas of Trust and Estate Litigation, Conservatorships, Guardianships, and Estate Planning.
Laurie works in the areas of probate, trust, conservatorship and guardianship litigation, as well as trust, probate, and conservatorship administration. Laurie represents fiduciaries, beneficiaries, petitioners, and objectors in matters filed in both probate and civil courts.
Laurie’s background in estate planning gives her a unique perspective on handling probate and civil litigation. Her practical, no-nonsense approach to resolving complex litigation is a tremendous benefit to her clients.
- San Diego State University, B.A. Economics
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- California State Bar – member since 1990
- Joined firm in 2014
- Director and Chair, Sponsorship Committee for the Probate Attorneys of San Diego (2018 to present)
- Chair, Probate Handbook Committee for the Probate Attorneys of San Diego (2014 to present)
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego (Former Chair of Auction Fundraisers)
- Member, Court Appointment Attorney Panel for San Diego Superior Court Probate Division (2017)
- Executive Committee for the Litigation Section of the California State Bar (2002-2004)
- San Diego County Bar Association – Member since 1990
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Co-Chair, Probate Manual Sub-Committee for the Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section of the San Diego County Bar Association (2004)
- Collaborator-Author, Probate Attorneys of San Diego, Handbook for Probate Executors, Administrators or Personal Representatives (2015-2017)
- Collaborator-Author, CEB Book, California Civil Discovery Practice (Supp. 1991-2004)
- Co-Author, Ex Parte Discovery Hearings in Coordinated Proceedings: The Wave of the Future, California Litigation, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2003
- Presenter, Regional Center Authority/Estate Planning for Conservatees: Alternatives to Limited Conservatorships, Probate Attorneys of San Diego (December 2016)
- Presenter, Conservatorships: Transfers Between Jurisdictions, Probate Attorneys of San Diego (June 2016)
- Presenter, Conservatee’s Voting Rights, Probate Attorneys of San Diego (June 2016)
- Co-Presenter, Difficult Probate Assets, Probate Section of the San Diego County Bar Association (Sept 2015)
- Presenter, Convergence of Divorce and Probate, Family Law Section of San Diego County Bar Association
- Presenter, Probate and the Pending Divorce, San Diego North County Bar Association (March 2012)
- Co-Presenter, Bias in the Judicial System, California State Bar (April 2006)
- Co-Presenter, Discovery Skills For Legal Staff in California, Lorman Education Services (January 2004)
- Phone: (619) 239-1211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org